Smoking and reasons for giving up
Don't give up giving up!
Smoking kills 120,000 people each year in the UK. Smokers are 50% more likely to get ill and die.
Nicotine in cigarettes is ten times more addictive than heroin. It is never to late to stop smoking.
Tips for Stopping
- Make sure you plan for your quit attempt
- Pick a date to quit and stick to it
- Get support from family and friends
- Reward yourself - use the money you have saved
Stay positive and focused and take one day at a time.
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and Zyban
These products will double your chances of successfully quitting. Contact our local pharmacy or the practice for more information.
For Help and Support
There are many ways in which you can quit smoking. However with the right help and support you are more likely to stay smoke free.
- Call NHS Smoking Helpline on 0800 169 0169 or
- Quit Ready on 0345 646 66 66 or visit their website Quit Ready