The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
The Patient Participation Group is a group of patients who meet every month to discuss issues and ideas about Broom Leys Surgery. Their role is to be a critical friend to the practice and to support the practice and other patients. We also aim is to raise money for equipment and services which are not available on the NHS to benefit the patients at Broom Leys Surgery.
Patient Participation Group - what we do
We are a volunteer group of patients who meet regularly to:
- Support Patients in co-operation with the Practice raising money for patient facilities not funded by the NHS.
- Volunteer assistance at coffee mornings and any other activities organised by the Practice that benefit ‘carers or other groups of patients.
- At the discretion of the Practice, organise surveys to obtain patients’ views about Broom Leys Surgery and/or other related issues.
- Seek to improve patient awareness of the healthcare and social care choices and support available to them.
- Review and update the Patient Participation Group website on a regular basis
- Promote membership of the Patient Participation Group
- In 2021 the PPG Fund Raising Group were able to fund a new ECG Machine. Total money raised was over £3,500.
- 2022: We are now raising money to buy a new INR machine. Which is used to take a blood sample from patients on blood thinning medication.
New Members please!!
We would like to invite patients to join the Patient Participation Group
The group tries to represent the views of all patients and welcomes new members.
If interested, please ask for application form at reception, or please see below for the digital versions for you to download.
When completed post it into the ‘prescriptions’ box in the practice lobby, or hand it into the reception. If you have a digital copy you can email this to the practice: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't or can't attend meetings, why not join our "Virtual Group" - keep up with latest news and actions and give your views or help out if you want - it is up to you!!
As a member of the Patient Participation Group your contact details will be kept confidential and only used so that we can get in touch with you about PPG activities and meetings.
Contact details will not be passed to any 3rd Party. Medical or other confidential information held by the practice is not shared with the PPG.
Click here to download the PPG Leaflet
Click here to download the PPG Terms of Reference
If you would like to join our PPG group please complete the are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
PPG New Member Sign Up Form
Please return this form to the surgery.
You can also send this via email to email@example.com
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Guess the name of the Teddy Bear
Can you guess the name of the Teddy Bear. If you would like to enter to win the Teddy Bear please visit the surgery reception. Entries are 50p and all proceeds will go towards the funding of a new INR machine for the practice. The Teddy Bear has been funded by Pauline our PPG chair.
Thank you all for your support.
Our next PPG Meeting will be held on: Tuesday 19th July at 4.30pm
Minutes from 06/04/2022
Broom Leys Surgery would like to thank our PPG members for their continued support to the practice.
The PPG have helped to raise funds for our new ECG machine.
This new machine connects directly into the clinical system so the ECG report is on the medical record instantly.